Feb 09 2012
Soil Health is the capacity of a Specific Soil to Function. Increase your understanding on how soils function and reduce your dependency on chemical fertilizers, pesticides and fuel!
Morning Session: (8:30am to 12:00pm)
Ray Archuleta and David Lamm explain:
• How the soil impacts water cycle functions
• How to increase soil Biogeo-chemical nutrient cycling to reduce fertilizer use
• How to improve organic matter
• How aggregate stability improves soil function
• How soil biology/ecology impacts soil function
• How diverse covers improve soil function
Afternoon Session: (1:00pm to 4:00pm)
David Brandt (OH landowner) and Ray Styer (NC landowner) explain how they each individually reduced fertilizer and chemical usage by the implementation of soil health practices.
• Chemical fertilizer reductions of 90 to 100 percent
• Herbicide reductions of 75 to 90%.
• Reduced fuel usage.
• Landowner question and answer session!!!