May 22 2012
Description of Job Duties:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Kentucky Organic Program.
- Reviews files proposed for organic certification, evaluating the applicant’s compliance with applicable governmental regulations to which KDA is accredited, and/or certification requirements.
- Works with both internal and external committees as necessary.
- Communicates with KDA or approved inspectors daily.
- Maintains KDA accreditation. Responsible for all federal, state and any other relevant reporting requirements for the organic program.
- Writes and sends letters for any files that require dialogue, deferral, or noncompliance responses.
- Actively participates in group discussion of issues regarding certification decisions, as well as the application of KDA Organic Standards and applicable government regulations.
- Provides input on policy and procedures review (changes, interpretation). Participates and coordinates regular Organic Program Team meetings and works to achieve goals.
- Provides excellent customer service to applicants and inspectors.
- Researches production inputs to determine compliance with applicable program regulations.
- May take the lead on special projects as needed or assigned.
|Auto req ID||22873BR|
|Job Title :||5923 AGRICULTURAL MARKETING SUPERVISOR|
|Title Code :||8204|
|Minimum Requirement – Primary Education :||Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in agriculture.|
|Minimum Requirement – Primary Experience :||Must have three years of experience in the production and/or marketing of agricultural products.|
|Education Substitution :||None|
|Experience Substitution :||Additional experience in the production and/or marketing of agricultural products will substitute for the required college on a year-for-year basis.|
|Special Requirements :||None|
|Agency :||Department of Agriculture|
|Department/Division/Branch/Address :||Department of Agriculture
Value-Added Plant Production
Produce Market Development Branch
|Location :||Franklin County|
|Agency Contact :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|# of Vacancies :||1|
|Position Type :||Full-time Merit (18A)|
|Work Schedule :||1st Shift|
|Vacancy Type :||Competitive – Open To All Candidates|
|Work Week :||37.5 hr/wk|
|Pay Grade :||15|
|Salary Range:||Pay Grade 15 (MIN-MID) $38,770.08 – $51,361.20 yearly at 37.5 hour work week|
|Special Entrance Rate :||No|
|Selection Method :||Qualifying: All candidates who apply and meet the minimum requirements are eligible for placement on the register for hiring consideration.|
|Group :||ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT|
|Characteristics of the Class :||Supervises and coordinates a regional and/or statewide agricultural marketing program to maintain or improve the quality of agricultural products; and performs other duties as required.|
|Typical Working Conditions and Unique Physical Requirements :||Work typically involves extensive contact with the public. Travel may be required.|
|Additional Requirements :||Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.|
|Post Date :||05/19/2012|
|Post Ending Date :||05/28/2012|